Dental veneers are thin sheets of porcelain that are shaped and then bonded to the front of your tooth. They’re ideal in situations where a tooth has become discolored, chipped, or otherwise damaged. Porcelain veneers look natural and can completely transform the look of your smile, giving you the straight, even teeth of your dreams. They also are more stain-resistant than your tooth’s natural enamel, so if you tend to struggle with staining from too much coffee or tea, dental porcelain veneers could be a solution for you.
Benefits of Porcelain Dental Veneers
Dental veneers are an ideal option for many reasons.
- They easily cover damaged or discolored teeth, restoring your smile.
- Dental veneers give the appearance of even teeth.
- Dental veneers hold up to normal eating and drinking.
- They’re custom-fitted to your teeth for a natural look.
- Porcelain veneers resist staining to prevent future discoloration.
- Dental veneers are durable, sometimes lasting for up to ten years, and are easily replaced if they crack or fall off.
Houston Dental Veneer Procedure
During your appointment, your Houston dental veneers dentist will shape your tooth and remove a tiny bit of enamel so that the dental veneer will not protrude farther than the rest of your teeth. You will then be matched with a shade of porcelain that matches the rest of your teeth. If you would like to have your teeth whitened beforehand, your cosmetic porcelain veneer dentist in Houston will do that at this stage to ensure a proper match.
Your Houston dental veneers dentist will then take an impression of your mouth so that a custom dental veneer can be created. Once this step is complete, the dental veneer is bonded to your tooth for a secure fit.
Please note that porcelain veneers may crack or break with rough usage. Avoid biting down on hard objects with your dental veneers to keep them looking new.
If you’re ready for an even smile, call our Houston office to schedule a dental veneer consultation today!