Most people are not born with naturally straight teeth. If you want a straighter smile for yourself or your child, braces treatment from our Houston, TX office might be the solution for you. Our Houston office offers both traditional metal braces and ClearCorrect, a system of clear aligners that work to straighten teeth over time.
Traditional Metal Braces
Our Houston traditional metal braces use tip-edge brackets, which allow the braces to work more efficiently and reduce the number of appointments required for adjustment. As the adjustments made during each appointment are small, your Houston dentist can constantly evaluate where your teeth need to move and control the process from start to finish.
The benefits of traditional metal braces are:
- They’re less expensive than clear aligners.
- They can be more effective depending on the issues with a patient’s particular set of teeth.
- They’re suitable for children and adults alike.
- They can’t be lost or misplaced, as they are not removable.
- They allow your dentist more control over the process.
ClearCorrect Clear Braces
ClearCorrect is a system of invisible aligner trays that must be worn as often as possible, at least 22 hours a day, to see results. The clear aligners are removed for eating and cleaning your teeth, but other than that, they must be worn day and night. To create these trays, your Houston dentist will take an impression of your mouth and have them custom-made to fit your teeth. Because they are custom-made, it’s important not to lose them.
The benefits of ClearCorrect invisible braces are:
- They’re removable so that you can eat normal foods with no trouble.
- Clear removable braces make it easier to maintain your normal oral hygiene routine.
- They’re nearly invisible, so you don’t have to worry about the way they look.
- They lessen the likelihood of tooth decay or gum disease, as they don’t interfere with the way you clean your teeth.
- You can take the removable clear braces off for special occasions as long as you remember to re-insert them later.
If you’re ready for a straighter smile, our staff will be happy to discuss which Family Dentist option might be best for you. Contact our Houston office and book your appointment for an orthodontic consultation today!