If you’re interested in straightening your teeth through orthodontics, Invisalign orthodontic treatment from our Houston, TX dental clinic might be an option for you. Unlike traditional metal braces, Invisalign is a system of clear aligner trays that fit over your teeth to gradually move them closer together with no wires or brackets.
While Invisalign isn’t suitable for children, it’s the perfect solution for adults who would like to straighten their smile without committing to the appearance of traditional braces.
Benefits of Invisalign in Houston, TX
- The clear aligners are virtually undetectable when you’re wearing them
- There are no sharp edges or wires to irritate your mouth
- You can remove them to eat normally or for a special occasion, such as a wedding or event
- They allow you to brush and floss your teeth normally, reducing the risk of staining or tooth decay
- Treatment takes less time than traditional braces
- They’re comfortable to wear
- The cost of Invisalign is comparable to that of traditional braces
The Houston Invisalign Process
The entire Houston Invisalign process can usually take about a year to a year and a half, although the length of time depends on your particular situation. First, your Houston Invisalign dentist will take an impression of your mouth. This is a quick and painless process that allows the lab to create your custom-fitted aligner trays. You’ll need to return in a few weeks to pick up your trays, and then your treatment can begin.
You will need to wear your aligner trays for approximately 22 hours a day for the treatment to be effective. Every few weeks you’ll swap out one aligner tray for a new one that shifts the teeth slightly towards their new position. This will continue until your teeth are completely straight.
If you’re interested in Invisalign in Houston, TX, your Houston dentist will be able to tell you if you’re eligible. Call our office to make an appointment for an Invisalign consultation today!