If a tooth has been extracted, it’s important to fill the gap to prevent other teeth from shifting and preserve your natural smile. Dental implants are an effective option in restorative dentistry if you’re looking to replace a missing tooth.
Full dental implants work by utilizing the structure of a natural tooth. They consist of a metal rod that is inserted into the jawbone, similar to the root of a tooth, and a custom-made porcelain restoration that looks and feels like a real tooth.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Dental implants preserve the structure of your mouth and prevent teeth from shifting.
- They look completely natural and are undetectable to the untrained eye.
- Dental implants allow you to chew normally without putting too much pressure on the surrounding teeth.
- When properly cared for, dental implants can last decades.
- Dental implants restore your confidence and allow you to experience your natural smile once again.
- The dental implant procedure has an extremely high success rate.
Houston Dental Implant Procedure
Dental implants require at least two appointments to complete. During your first appointment, your Houston dental implant dentist will insert a metal post into your jawbone. This serves as the foundation of the dental implant and prevents your jawbone from deteriorating due to lack of use.
You will need to then schedule a second appointment with your dental implant dentist in Houston, TX for several months in the future. During this time, the post will bond with your jawbone and become a natural part of your mouth.
Finally, you can return to the Houston office to have your permanent replacement tooth placed. Your Houston dental implant dentist will take an impression of your mouth to create a denture that fits your mouth. This denture is fixed to the post to complete the strong, perfectly-fitted dental implant.
If you’re ready to replace your missing tooth with one of our custom-fitted dental implants, call our Houston office today! Our staff will be happy to discuss your options and let you know if dental implants are right for your situation.